Significance of Saptharishi Vana:
- [ 'SAPTHA'- Seven, 'RISHI'- Sages, 'VANA'-Garden]
- These seven varieties of leaves and flowers represent the saptha rishis i.e., the seven sages. They are Kasyapa, Athri, Bharadwaja, Vishwamithra, Gowtama, Jamadagni and Vasista along with his wife Arundathi. We can watch these 7 + 1 stars in the sky.
- In Indian culture the newly wed couple were shown these stars especially the Vasista and Arundathi stars and get blessings from them for a smooth and blissful married life. So presence of all these plants and trees in our locality rectifies and builds up a strong and happy bondage between wife and husband.
- So the presence of the complete set of 27 trees directly creates a healthy and sound physical, mental, psychological and spiritual beings. Which is the ultimate and absolute bliss to oneself and to the earth too.
|S.No.||Name||Botanical name||Botanical name|
|2.||Athri||Sesbania grandiflora||Nymphea alba|
|3.||Bharadwaja||Achyranthus aspera||Areca catechu|
|4.||Vishwamithra||Aegle marmelos||Hemidesmus indicus|
|5.||Gouthama||Datura alba||Jasminum pubescens|
|6.||Jamadagni||Cynodon dactylon||Jasminum angustifolium|
Datura alba - Ummetha:
- Parts used - Whole plant.
- Uses - Asthma, Malaria, Heart disorders, Earache, Impotency, Baldness, Whooping cough.