Significance of Panchavati:
- [ 'PANCHA' - Five, 'VATI' - Trees]
- This combination of trees was mentioned in "The Ramayana". When Rama along with Sita and Lakshmana took on to the 14 years of 'Vanavasa', halt a night at Muni Bharadwaja Ashram. Then he advised Rama to find a place where all these five trees exist together to make a place to live. So as per his suggestion they later make a 'Parnashala' amidst these trees. So where ever all these five exist together, Rama too resides there.
- Breeze from these trees - Gives out more oxygen, Very Cool, All have medicinal values & Brings good health.
- Powerful vibrations - Wards off evil forces, Gives right way of thinking & Clarity of thought.
- Fruit bearing - So naturally attracts many birds and other insects.
|S.No||Botanical Name||Common Name|
Ficus bengalensis - Banyan tree:
- Parts used - Latex, bark, fruits, leaves, roots, buds.
- Uses - Local inflammations, Polyuria, Diabetes mellitus, darkening of face & around eyes, burns, Haemorrhages, Nausea & Ulcers in mouth